Hagley Museum and Library is currently seeking a part-time Mail Clerk to work Monday through Friday; hours are generally from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Responsibilities: Perform mail clerk functions as well as other routine duties such as picking-up or delivering materials. Transport guests on and off property as requested.
1. Imprint postage on all outgoing U.S. mail and parcels. Prepare all USPS mail for presort delivery.
2. Pick-up and deliver U.S. mail at local post office.
3. Distribute all mail to appropriate locations.
4. Pick-up and deliveries of mail, parcels, and other items to Hagley buildings or off-property locations.
5. Process and deliver all bulk mailings.
6. Deliver and pick-up deposits for the Business Office and other departments within Hagley.
7. Train substitute mail clerks and keep them informed of any changes in procedures.
8. Transport guests on and off Hagley property in Hagley vehicle as requested.
9. Other duties as assigned by Administrative Manager, Preservation, Buildings and Grounds.
Requirements: Prior work experience as mail clerk or related mail processing position preferred. Knowledge and understanding of current postal rates, mail regulations and procedures for domestic and international mail. Must have a valid driver's license and excellent driving record. Position requires heavy lifting and the ability to stand for long periods of time. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Knowledge of computers preferred with ability to use Outlook.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Yvonne Dalton, Director, Personnel Support Services
Hagley Museum and Library
P.O. Box 3630
Wilmington, DE 19807
This job will remain open until filled.